Monday, November 10, 2008

Out of This World Non-Shocker

Orbitz, who has probably spammed you umpteen millions of times if I do exaggerate a little, has made a plan to send 10% of their employees jobs off into the vast nothingness of outerspace.

Obviously, as people struggle with big ticket items and companies are cutting back budgets and reducing travel, places like Orbitz will bear the brunt of that. Last year was a fairly easy time in the airports during the Thanksgiving travel, which is notably America's most travelled holiday. I was even able to upgrade my seat in the airplane the day before Thanksgiving and the Sunday afterwards. This year I can't perform the same test, so I'd look to other media reports on the travel decline Year-on-Year for the holiday.

Related:
Master This Big Credit Cards Taking Big Hit
Crisis of Consumer Confidence

No comments: