Thursday, October 30, 2008

Your (Last) Check's in the Mail

As skeptical and thorough I tend to think things through, I have to come clean and admit this one surprised me a bit. In fact, I can say I totally did not expect, anticipate, or even allow this one to enter my line of thought about areas where layoffs would occur.

In a surprising, to me, move the Postal Service is laying off 40,000 workers. This is pretty major, since it will likely move across the entire country rather than be contained to a corporate headquarters and a few branch offices. Some 40k overpaid folks will feel the pain on this one and with that skill set it is virtually assured most of the employees affected will not find comparable pay whenever the economy perks up and begins creation of jobs as opposed to the complete and total carnage and destruction of jobs that this year has wrought.

No comments: